Professor Fritz Vollrath
Interest areas include:
- Diversity, Ecology, Life History and Evolution of Spiders and their Webs.
- Material, Mechanics and Evolution of Silks.
- Bio-Nano-Materials : Structure-Properties-Function Relationships
- Animal Decisions and Energy Budgets
- Elephant and Spider Behaviour
PhD in Freiburg, Faculty Positions in Basel, Aarhus, Oxford; Extensive Fieldwork in Panama, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Kenya; Close research collaborations with e.g. Fudan University, Princeton University, ETH-Zürich; Trustee of Save the Elephants